Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Shopping in NC

 Hello! I went to NC to help my sister decorate her new (to her) home.  This is the first home she has ever bought.  Her husband was in the Air Force and most of their time was spent in Okinawa, Japan.  In January he was sent to Korea for a year, after only one week he was found dead in his room. They have a 5 year old son and a 8 year old daughter. So what should of been a fun and happy occasion has been full of ups and downs for her.  I normally would not share such personal information, but just another reminder to thank our soldiers and always hug your loved ones tight and not take them for granted.

OK - now for some fun stuff. We did a lot of shopping!  Here are a few of the things I picked up.  Love the little wooden basket.


 


This is a close up of the wooden basket - love the curvy design along the sides. This was only $6!



And this is the way it looks today.


Filled with beautiful hydrangeas - just looking at them make me smile!


I love all the different shades of pink, violet and white.  These where picked from next door. The house is empty and for sale, so this year I have had an abundance of flowers. I have loved it!!



I also got this very large cloche - 18 inches high. I can't wait to play with this today. It was also a bargain at $10!  The prices in this area where so reasonable, next time I will bring the truck with me!


These shiny white fruits where also a steal at $4.50. They have already found a home on the bookcase on the side of the island.



This so cute bicycle planter was in my sisters front yard when she moved in, she did not like it so home it came with me. A trip to Home Depot is on the agenda today to find some pretty flowers to fill it's four baskets.  Thanks, Sis!!

That is just a few of the many things I picked up. My sister got some great deals also. Including a industrial cart coffee table and a beautiful hutch.  I will share these soon.



Thought I would share the hydrangeas  that came out of my yard.  My hydrangea bush is so large that right now it has over thirty blooms on it.  

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the visit and the time you take to leave me a comment.

Toni

Linking to:
Open House Party

3 comments:

allisamazing said...

Those are wonderful finds. I love the bike planter - it will be so cute filled with flowers!

Patty said...

Your hydrangeas are so beautiful! I hope mine bloom soon! You found some great things!

Art and Sand said...

It is funny what each different person notices in a picture. I love letters so my eye focused on the M on the white pitcher or is it a vase...no matter, I love it.