Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cross Table

Hello and thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I have mentioned that my Mom downsized and I was lucky enough for her to gift me was some special pieces of furniture. The piece I'm showing you today is a little console table.


I placed it between the garage door and the back stairs. It is old and needs some sprucing up.  It also has a mirror that goes with it, but as you can see I have my cross collection on this wall. I am trying to decide should  I should paint it or strip and refinish.


My favorite things on the table are these cute little glitter angels in front of the iron cross. I love the contrast.




This cross floral arrangement I got back in the fall and thought it looked right at home with all the crosses on the wall.




And you all know how us Southern Girls love a monogram.  The candle I picked up at HG and smells of gardenia. It is so yummy!



Here is another picture of the "cross wall". I only started collecting a few months ago and my wall is almost complete.  It started with one I found and then I was seeing them everywhere.  I guess this is how a collection starts!

Thanks for stopping by, and I really enjoy all your comments.

Toni

Joining these parties:
Table Top Tuesday
WOW
Whats it Wednesday

14 comments:

allisamazing said...

Your console table looks so perfect there with your cross collection!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Congrats, now nice your Mom gave you the chest.

Lynn Wood said...

That is a very nice piece that your mom gave up...hope she doesn't change her mind? You have done a great job arranging your cross collection. I love how different they are and yet they all really work together!

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Your crosses are wonderful. They remind me of the crosses I saw all throughout the countryside on my bicycle ride from the top to the bottom of France last fall.

Eclectically Vintage said...

LOVE your cross collection! That's how it starts - innocently enough. You buy one, then you spot another, then one day, you wonder where they all came from! Keeping them together really makes an impact over that fabulous little console.
Kelly

Kathy said...

The console fits perfectly there amongst your cross collection - love the angels too - perfect contrast!
Kathy

Vanessa said...

Hi, Toni

Love your lovely console table. It has great detail and looks great under your crosses. Have a great week.

Vanessa

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

What a beautiful idea to have a cross wall. It looks perfect there and the little table is just the thing. So nice that when she downsizes, you get to upsize. Thanks for stopping by Quirky Vistas to say hello. Fun to hear that my window was like something in BHG. I hadn't seen the item you referenced that I know of. So that's Cool!
Liz

Maria Elena said...

Beautiful gift from your mom and your collection is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The table looks so pretty and how nice of your mom to give it too. Love your cross wall and thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Such a beautiful collection of crosses you have...gives a wonderful old world charm. Your mom's console table accents your "cross wall collage" so prettily and I love how you added the old world style clock....very lovely post. Thanks for your visit and your sweet note.Have a wonderful evening!Happily following you back through GFC. Hugs,Poppy

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, what a lovely thing for your mother to do. It looks right at home with your beautiful collection. hugs ~lynne~

Love Of Quilts said...

What a nice collection of crosses you have.Your mom's console table is really nice too it works so well where you have placed it.

Patty said...

I never thought of collecting crosses. That's really neat. Your wall looks great!